For me painting is a way to be free, witnessing what is coming from inside me without trying to understand it. Not to be captured by other people’s conceptions. Release my mind. Over and over again going through that very specific – creative – process that it is hard to describe in words.
I paint because I want to and because it makes absolute sense to me.
I was born in the Czech Republic but London gave me an opportunity to find/uncover this unique part of myself.
|November 1987||Born in the Czech Republic|
|2005 – 2008||Studied School of Creative Photography, Czech Republic|
|June 2013||Moved to London|
|September 2015||Completed Masters in Law|
|25th December 2015||Started painting|
|March until June 2016||Portrait and Figurative Painting course in Art Academy, London|
|September 2016||Foundation Course in Fine Art Studios, London|
|July 2017||Portraiture: A new Perspective, Summer School in Slade School of Fine Arts, London|
|Autumn semester 2017||Nocturnal Interiors in Royal Drawing School, London|
|Throughout the year, 2017||Private classes with Sara Lee Roberts, London|
EXHIBITIONS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
May 2019 – September 2019 – 44 Hallam Street residency
January 2019 – Becoming a Member of ArtCan organization
14th December 2018 – 14th February 2019 – Winter Salon, Leyden gallery, London
7th until 9th December 2018 – Angel Christmas Fair, Candid galleries, London
October 2018 – Interview done by organisation PassionDig about change of my career
- An article is available here: Dominika Prinzova – How she left law to pursue her passion for art
12th September 2018 – 26th September 2018 – Exhibition in Leyden gallery, London
- Family series was exhibited in Platform for Emerging Arts #19
August 2018 – paintings published in magazine AverageArt
13th June 2018 – 31st July 2018 – Alphabeta building, London
- Paintings from my series The City were displayed in this unique Victorian building in Moorgate, London
30th May 2018 – 30th June 2018 – Snug Art Cafe, London
- Dream Land series was exhibited in Snug Art Cafe in North London
April 2018 – Magazine Wotisart, United Kingdom
- My paintings were published in the April edition of portfolio magazine Wotisart
April 2018 – Event “The Barista of the Year” – Czech Coffee Festival, Czech Republic
- Paintings from my project Humans were exhibited during this popular tournament for specialty coffee professionals, coffee lovers and wider public. More than two thousand people attended.
Summer 2009 – Desert cafe in Brno, Czech Republic
- Final Photogenia student exhibition where I was exhibiting photographs from my final project Being my Homeless Friend dedicated to homeless people from my neighborhood.
Summer 2008 – Desert cafe in Brno, Czech Republic
- Student exhibition where I was showing photographs from my project Life in the city.